Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sojourn on F Hill

Over the weekend, Liz came over. We watched a bunch of movies. Let’s see, we saw I Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (2 funny guys and hot Jessica Biel), Enchanted (Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey, James Marsden), 27 Dresses (Katherine Heigl, James Marsden), Flood (Robert Carlyle, Joanne Whalley), Water Horse which I only managed to watch 30 minutes of it. Then I took her out for sata, otak-otak and kopok. Yum!

Gossip kaw-kaw. Syok la. I had a wonderful weekend. IM cooked. He made chicken in brine. What is brine? Hang pi google nooo….

Me? I made tuna sandwich for Saturday breakfast. And goreng meehun and fried chicken for Sunday lunch. And I bought the groceries. Okay la tuh. Think I super cook like Gordan Ramsay kah??!!

----------

Day I

I’m writing this from my bed in SI in Fraser’s Inn. It’s cosy enough. There’re just not enough things to do here. And it rained when we reached here. And one part of the road leading up the hill was in the middle of some sort of construction. Apparently the roads were closed yesterday noon because of some loose earth and rocks flooding the roads. It’s been raining heavily these past few days.

I found out the heavy rain was persistent since before the General Election. And there were incidents where the ballot box had to be airlifted to the counting centers.

From Bentong to the hills is only around 29 km, if it was a straight road I betcha we would have reached here in half hour or less. But because it was winding as hell and the brief stop at KM16 before they let us through made the journey less likable.

See I don’t do hills (there’s a whole list of places I don’t do, and you can betcha ass on it!) only because of the roads leading to the hills. And for the first time in my life, I suffered from car sickness. Seriously. I almost vomited. Sigh.

Wei dei am not preggers kay.

Okay now that we’ve straighten that fact, let me tell you there’s no Astro in my shared room. I’m forced to watch RTM1 and RTM2, TV3, NHK, Astro Sport, Cinemax and NTV7. Those 3 channels don’t count because NHK was showing sumo wrestling (WTF!), some golf thing on Astro Sport and some movie with Chuck Norris in it. Ugh!

Ever watched Teka-Teki. The host is super irritating with her high-pitched voice and now I’m watching some Malay drama. Good thing it had Ako in it.

The course starts tonight. I’ve had a 2 hour nap to cover the lack of sleep I had because SA had a tough time sleeping. Her nose was bugging her. And her dad can’t sleep without the air-con (yeah the can die one if no air-con type) so I carried her out and let her sleep in the living room on the toto. Around 5 am I carried her back in and switched off the air-con.

The first class was handled by none other my own batchmate. Elle was surprised to see me. Likewise. I haven’t seen her since the day we graduated in 2004. Man! That is one long time.

Lecture wise she was excellent. Clear, concise and lots of practical knowledge. Made understanding everything easier.

-----------

Day II

After a *good night sleep* we had breakfast. For me it was a piece of toasted wholemeal bread and a couple of sausages, slices of papaya and sweet sweet honey dew. Last but not least a cup of strong black coffee. What a way to start the day.

*Definition : tido mati deh, rasa cam takmau bangun pastu*

The lecture was dry, the speaker uninspiring. I visited the loo and ended up playing forgotten warrior on my phone for 15 mins. Aiyoh! Must be careful. Too long sitting on the bowl can cause piles.

One thing about the loo was the placement of the tissue paper. Hard to describe but I've never seen a placement like this before. To the left pernah. To the right pernah. But over and behind my head. IM said I'd have to do my business like Mat Rempit. Chis!!

This evening we’re supposed to go to some boating adventure and horseback riding. Huh??!! Got ah??!!

It rained and rained. I feel gloomy just typing that down. I ended up in bed with my journal. My written one.

The Vice-Versa drama not bad eh. Lots of eye candy. Don’t know what I’m talking about go and watch TV3 on Tuesday 10ishpm.

Day III

I’m beginning to hate this whole course. All the speakers are either fast talkers, speakers who don’t take questions very well and worse still – sengau.

But the sengau one proved to be the best speaker - experience wise.

This morning the hotel informed some of the organising committee that part of the road leading to the hill have to be closed due to more loose earth and rocks.

Crap crap crapity crap

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck

Pantun 2 kerat yang tidak berirama ini tidak sesuai untuk dibaca kuat. Baca dalam hati saja.

Another alternative to drive back to Kuantan would be to take the road leading to Batang Kali and that would take longer to reach home.

I want to go home.

----------

I’m home. The road was passable by the time we got down. So glad I’m home already you have no idea. Going out now. Toodles.


Selamat Menyambut Maulidur Rasul.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waahhh panjangnyaaaaaa..

*mata juling2*

What's in my Marc? said...

babe,

tiga hari punya update maaaa....malas nak load asing...hehe...

Ibu Adam said...

brine - A strong solution of salt and water used for pickling

(dapat nih dari wordweb)

bukan kan??? kan????

What's in my Marc? said...

salt and water dah betul dah...tapi ada roast garlic tuh..tapi tak sampai tahap pickling lagi...tahap kecut2 daging ayam aje..ish..tak tau nak describe ko pi tanya chef easeart tuh....