Friday, March 21, 2008

Not So Good Friday

Attention-whoring much??!!

Or just desperately seeking a companion that you look in all the wrong places?

--------

I’m back in the office. Just shoot off a long email. Wished I didn’t have to write it but it was fighting to get out. Not a memendam rasa kind of person, hence the email.

Today I heard something not-so-nice said about me. A subordinate transferred to my department recently. Today at the farewell party they threw to C, some remarks were made. Such as ‘not happy to come to my department because of disliking someone here’. By that I think it’s me lah. Because when we worked together I went against him and got my boss to support my decision.

Personally, I don’t like him too. As a person. Only because he sees his rudeness as part of his personality. I totally disagree. Rudeness is not part of one’s personality. That’s just lack of manners. You can always make your point across without raising your voice or be scathing to others.

However in a workplace, work must be done. And personal feelings aside, I don’t let it colour my judgement towards another person – workwise. But if I feel I'm right and you're wrong, then I will fight to get my way. Don't bother crossing me.

I tell myself it shouldn’t bother me, but it does. So I’ll just have to manage it as best as I can.

I have to keep telling myself I don’t have to let it bother me. Gadzillion times.

--------

Last night I got some bad news. HM is going for HRT treatment at the age of 31. She’s single. And have been suffering from bloatedness for awhile. She thought she was just fat. But few weeks ago she got it checked and they found a cyst 12cm in diameter in her uterus. So now her doctor will try to put her on menopause, hoping to shrink the cyst which they suspect to be a malignant tumour. If it shrinks then they’ll do a chemo surgery to preserve her fallopian tubes.

Min, you’re in all my prayers. Please be safe.



No comments: