Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hectic Saturday

Apart from the usual work complaints, I find myself sometimes at the edge of burning out.


So far in the space of 2 going to 3 months in the new place, I have had several health complaints. Mainly mouth ulcers. I just hope I don’t end up with stomach ulcers which I heard are worse and can cause internal bleeding.


These mouth ulcers even scared my regular doctor and when he suggested that I should go to the hospital and get a mouth scraping done to rule out tumour or cancer I freaked out and burst into tears.


All I could think off, was after all I have to deal with now I have to deal with the big-C??!! Are you freaking kidding me??!!


He then prescribed me double the dose of antibiotic since my glands have swollen and he’s afraid of infection, a dose of anti-inflammation and a dose of antihistamine for the 24/7 sniffles and allergy.


Plus a warning to get the mouth scraping done if the meds don’t work.


It has been a week and my mouth is 80% okay. I can brush properly and eat and use both cheeks instead of just the left one. Macam chipmunk cacat aje. Makan sebelah pipi aje penuh.


Work has been pretty good. I’m getting better at delegating and managing bullies at the office. Have learnt good lesson in AM not a doormat anymore.


I’ve planned my work ahead of schedule. Will finish everything due by 1st week of August so I can take a week’s of leave and go on a long holiday. We’re planning to go to Penang and maybe swing to Langkawi for a spell.


I need some R and R.


--------------------


Today was super interesting. Took S to see Hellboy. PG-13. So can la bring her. So many marine boys around. I guessed they were US marine since a band of them performed a couple of days ago in the mall. IM was around so cannot be too obvious in checking them marine boys out.


Kaver line maaaaa!!!!


Hellboy II. Good. Better than the first. This was a brilliantly beautiful film and not a surprise since it is from the same director of Pan’s Labyrinth. S was really absorbed in it. So were we.


--------------------


Question : If a woman is willing to share love and become a second wife, does the man have to say yes? Why can’t the man think that just because she is willing, doesn’t she deserve to be happy with the right man who will love her unconditionally instead of sharing the love with the first wife? Why can’t the man grow some balls and backbone and defend his one and true marriage instead of being tempted to fill in the 3-empty spots? Those spots are not rights but a privilege that demands certain requirements to be fulfilled before even attempting to fill the empty spots. And must the first wife accept that her one true love has designs for another woman?



Does this mean, if another man, better than the husband woos the wife, should she accept him then on the basis that another man is in love with her? Therefore, she too must say yes.



Is this an ‘et, tu brutus’ condition?



Something to ponder, kan?


-------------------



Today was the premiere for Dirty Sexy Money over on 8TV. Father Brian is one mean Reverend. And my favorite character. Heh.

No comments: