Friday, July 25, 2008

Escape


For me, that includes indulging my fondness for all things beautiful. Beautiful bling-blings, beautiful people, beautiful anything that catches my fancy.

What I’ve learned early on in life is that sometimes I don’t have the necessary words to explain the things that mystify me.

Hell! That’s why they mystify me.

Like my obsession with series. These days I think I’m pretty done and over with both GG and am watching Army Wives. They pretty much interest me. Not as much as Dirty Sexy Money. I think DSM is more fantastical in sheer creativity. I mean the extreme creative license that goes into making that show for what it is and the props – literal and metaphorical are in a sense makes the show colourful (I’m short for words already).

And it’s not even about the beautiful and skinny people they have in the shows. At least AW contains variety in the show. It tries to stay as close as it can be to the truth or the kind of ‘truth’ that it aims to share.

On the relativity factor, AW hits close to home as compared to DSM.

However I don’t think it’s fair to compare AW and DSM because it’s so different in many ways.

I should probably compare DSM with Gossip Girl.

Anyway, we still have a couple of episodes left from final season of Gilmore Girls. I’d dreading the final episode because it will be the end and I will have to say goodbye to the characters with whom I’ve had the privilege to watch as they grow up. The show started when I was still in Uni. 7 years is a looooong time. It will be hard to say goodbye to that.

On a similar note, my favourite guy of the moment, Matt Czuchry a.k.a Logan Huntzberger will be in an indie movie ‘I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell’. Here’re some details I lifted from a fan site.

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell

Director:
Bob Gosse

Writers:
Tucker Max
Nils Parker

A guy tries to patch things up with his soon-to-be-married pal after botching things up at his bachelor party. Based on Tucker Max's best-seller "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell".

Plot summary
Tucker decides to take an impromptu trip to celebrate his friend's bachelor party. He drags his friend into a lie with his fiancée, gets him into trouble and then abandons him in order to pursue a hilarious carnal interest. Tucker is disinvited to the wedding, and in order to get back in, Tucker has to find a way to balance his narcissism with the demands of friendship.

* Filming is scheduled to start July 21 in Shreveport, Louisiana
* It's an Independent movie
* Is going to have a wide release
* R-rated for nudity and sex
* A scene will be filmed at a strip club
* The book is currently No. 10 on the New York Times best-seller list after a three-year run
* It sold an estimated 70,000 copies its first year
* The movie is loosely based on The Austin Road Trip Story from the book
* Genre: Comedy
* Expected release: spring of 2009

There's a blog of the movie, here it is.


Interesting...

------------------

Since IM has to work this Saturday to offset Raya holidays, that means I will be left with the lil tyke. Aiyoh! Must make sure her Barbie Mariposa DVD is good to go.

And I will have cooking duties since Ma and Bah will be in KL for the weekend. Familial obligations.

What to cook ah??!!

-----------------

What a week it has been!! I got into an argument with my direct boss and I walked off in the middle of her tirade twice. Then she confronted me of my rudeness and asked if I was carrying any ill feelings between us.

Of course.

She has put me in terrible spots a couple of times in front of officers from different agencies, and I couldn’t substantiate my defense without making her look stupid for the statements that she made. So in the end, I looked the fool.

But she when opened the floodgates and I began to tell her why I was upset and the reason I walked off twice. I was afraid my mouth was going to go off first before my brain, so my safe measure was to walk off.

I think I felt so much relief after getting it all off my chest. And I did apologize for walking off. It was rude but it was way better for me to do that then let my big fat opinionated mouth go off.

With all said and done, I’m freaking glad this week is coming to a close.

Man! I will never take my weekend for granted anymore.

No comments: